so i made some chocolate chip muffins with streusel topping Laura Vitale style and i thought to share my experience with you all, so i kind of modified the recipe by making a streusel topping. Of course i made these at night to satisfy my sugar tooth.
Recipe: makes 12 medium muffins
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
Wet ingredients : Dry ingredients:
2/3 cup of milk 2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter 1tbsp baking powder
2 eggs 1/2tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar – I used 2tbsp…
1. Whisk in a separate bowl your flour, baking powder and salt and set aside
2. Combine all wet ingredients and whisk until combined, notice i’ve written all wet ingredients on the left side.
3. Mix in 2tbsp of dry ingredients to chocolate chips
4. Fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined, do not over mix.
5. Fold chocolate chips into the batter
6. Line a muffin tray with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray, or butter or….whatever
7. Scoop mixture into the muffin tray in equal proportion. Try an ice cream scoop
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
9. Eat…..and Bon appétit!